Fabric Swap 2016-2017
Theme: Batik Fabrics
- Size: 10” Squares
- Amount: 13 Squares
- Yardage Needed: 1 1/8th yards
Color: Varies each month
- October – Black, November – Orange, December – Red, January – Teal
- February – Pink
- March – Green
- April – Yellow
- May – Purple
- June – Blue
The swap will begin in October and end in June. Everyone will have July and August to work on their projects and then bring the finished quilts to the September 2016 meeting for show and tell!
Here are some recommended patterns:
Fabric Swap 2015-2016
This year our theme for the fabric swap is Holiday Fabrics. Each month, each member will bring in 10″ squares, equal to the total number of participants, with a rotating theme. The goal is, by the end of the swap, you will be able to make a Holiday Quilt! We will provide a pattern you can use.
The swap will begin in October and end in June. Everyone will have July and August to work on their project and then bring the finished quilts to the September 2016 meeting for show and tell! In addition, there will be a collection in September for anyone wishing to donate their Holiday Quilt to a children’s long-term medical care center.
- October – Halloween
- November – Fall – Thanksgiving – Harvest
- December – Christmas – Chanukah- New Years
- January – Winter Themes
- February – Valentines – Love – Breast Cancer Awareness
- March – Easter – Spring – Polka Dots
- April – Stripes – Plaid- Geometric Design
- May – Flowers – Mothers Day
- June – Flag Day – Patriotic
- July and August – Complete the quilt
- September – Bring the quilt to show and tell
Fabric Swap 2014-2015
The exchange was 2.5 inch strips. There’s no particular theme except for the color of that month. If you are participating, the color to bring to the next meeting.
October – Orange, November – Yellow, December – Green, January – Turquoise, February – Red, March – Purple, April – Pink, May – Blue