Abby’s House in Worcester Since 1976, women in these circumstances have been coming to Abby’s House for help. When it opened, Abby’s House was one of the first homeless shelters for women in the United States. Since then, we have helped more than 11,500 homeless women and children reclaim and rebuild their lives. At Abby’s, we help women move out of the chaos of homelessness and regain their independence.
Transitions at Devens at Devens This program is for single, female-headed households who are homeless with children.
Elizabeth House in Fitchburg – This program provides transitional housing to homeless women in recovery
Donations of Products to Our Father’s House, Inc.
“With more than 900 people in the programs last year moving about the city, eating, showering, brushing their teeth, and doing laundry each day, we go through quite an amazing amount of products.” click here to see the list of goods or see the list below.
- Winter gloves and hats, any size and thickness
- Travel size toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant
- Laundry Detergent
- Pillows, Blankets, Bath Towels
- Undergarments – brand new only, for men, women, and children
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving Cream – Disposable razors
- Breakfast food (granola bars, juice boxes, cereal, coffee and tea)
- Healthy snack food items
- Ready-to-eat food
- Pop-top canned food