Workshops have a 20 person limit, unless otherwise noted, and require pre-registration and payment. Non-guild members are welcome and must register prior to the workshop. Non-members fees will be an additional $5. Some classes have additional fees, payable to the instructor on the day of class. Refund and cancellation policies are on Policy page. If you want to register or have a question please email us
- Lancaster location – the Village Seventh Day Adventist Church on 75 Sawyer St at the corner of Sawyer and Prescott
- Lunenburg location – the United Parish House, 39 Main St. (the hall is across the street from the church)
Workshops for 2017 -2018
October 21, Saturday: Diane Charest – Crazy Quilting 9:00 set up, 9:30 start, (min of 6 participants) (Lunenburg) $15 for workshop
Materials to bring:
- Sewing machine
- fabric scraps – minimum size 5″ x 8″
- neutral/white thread for machine piecing
- small embroidery scissors
- embroidery floss, beads, buttons, silk ribbon for embellishing
- asst. needles, embroidery and deading
- 6″ embroidery hoop
Material provided by Diane
- iron and board
- muslin for the base of your square
- black velvet and various fabrics (limited)
- various needles
- beads, ribbon, buttons and various embellishments
- stitch charts with common CQ embroidery stitches
We are going to make an approx. 12″ Victorian era square. If you prefer you may use cotton to make a more modern square. Diane will only be ringing Victorian square fabrics such a velvet, brocade, etc. for the squares. If you prefer cotton bring your own varied pieces. Victoria squares typically start with a black velvet center piece. Diane will provide the velvet.
November 5, Sunday: Kathy Graves – ¾ Log Cabin Workshop (Lancaster) $35 for the workshop. $15 for a supplemental fabric kit
January 14, 2018 Sunday: Barbara Perilli-Palmer – Bag Workshop (Lancaster) $15 for workshop. We will be making the Lazy Girl Candice Bag. Pattern can be purchased at The Quilted Crow for about $13. Lazy Girl Bag Information with Material List.
February 3, 2018 Saturday: Christa Nee – Beginner Free Motion/Doodle Quilting on your home sewing machine (Lunenburg) $15 for workshop – In this class you will make samples of several free motion quilting designs. Learn to feel comfortable doodling these designs on your quilts, becoming a confident quilter on your personal machine!
Items needed for class:
- Sewing machine with ability to drop feed dogs, instruction manual for your machine
- Free motion foot or darning foot. If your machine has a spring action free motion foot, bring that. Any of these are okay though.
- 6-8 15″ quilt sandwiches with batting and muslin, held together with whatever you normally use: safety pins, glue spray
- Scrap paper or sketch pad and pencil
- Fresh needle for your machine
- Thread 50 or 60 weight, darker color than the muslin
April 15, 2018 Sunday: Janice Boutotte & Vicky Haskell – Borders (Lancaster) $15 for workshop
May 19, 2018 Saturday: Iva – Mystery Quilt (Lunenburg) – Finish a Mystery Quilt top in one day. $15 for workshop
Don’t you love a mystery? Interested in high contrast? How about using up those small scraps? Well here is a way for you to have it all. Both new and experienced quilters will enjoy this mystery. We will be cutting, designing and sewing — with every step a surprise. You’ll go home with a finished top, whether you stay part of the day for a wall hanging or the whole day for twin or even bigger. A suggested materials list will be posted in the future with fabric requirements for different sizes.