Workshops have a 20 person limit, unless otherwise noted, and require pre-registration and payment. Non-guild members are welcome and must register prior to the workshop. Non-members fees will be an additional $5. Some classes have additional fees, payable to the instructor on the day of class. Refund and cancellation policies are on Policy page. If you want to register or have a question please email us
- Lancaster location – the Village Seventh Day Adventist Church on 75 Sawyer St at the corner of Sawyer and Prescott
- Lunenburg location – the United Parish House, 39 Main St. (the hall is across the street from the church)
Workshops for 2017 -2018
October 21, Saturday: Diane Charest – Crazy Quilting 9:00 set up, 9:30 start, (min of 6 participants) (Lunenburg) $15 for workshop
Materials to bring: A needle and thread for basting the top to the muslin. A variety of fabrics you’d like to use – velvets, brocades, silks, non-cotton fabrics are recommended. You may use cotton but the end result will look different. Bring any embellishments such as beads, buttons, and silk ribbon.
Material provided by Diane at no charge: Muslin for the backing. Milliner’s and embroidery needles, embroidery floss, buttons, beads, stitch patterns and a variety of fabrics. Pattern for our project and crazy Quilt books to peruse or borrow as they wish. (the supply of buttons and beads will be limited)
November 5, Sunday: Kathy Graves – ¾ Log Cabin Workshop (Lancaster) $35 for the workshop. $15 for a supplemental fabric kit
January 14, 2018 Sunday: Barbara Perilli-Palmer – Bag Workshop (Lancaster) $15 for workshop. We will be making the Lazy Girl Candice Bag. Pattern can be purchased at The Quilted Crow for about $13. Lazy Girl Bag Information with Material List.
February 3, 2018 Saturday: Christa Nee – Beginner Free Motion/Doodle Quilting on your home sewing machine (Lunenburg) $15 for workshop – In this class you will make samples of several free motion quilting designs. Learn to feel comfortable doodling these designs on your quilts, becoming a confident quilter on your personal machine!
Items needed for class:
- Sewing machine with ability to drop feed dogs, instruction manual for your machine
- Free motion foot or darning foot. If your machine has a spring action free motion foot, bring that. Any of these are okay though.
- 6-8 15″ quilt sandwiches with batting and muslin, held together with whatever you normally use: safety pins, glue spray
- Scrap paper or sketch pad and pencil
- Fresh needle for your machine
- Thread 50 or 60 weight, darker color than the muslin
April 15, 2018 Sunday: Janice Boutotte & Vicky Haskell – Borders (Lancaster) $15 for workshop
May 19, 2018 Saturday: Iva – Mystery Quilt (Lunenburg) – Finish a Mystery Quilt top in one day. $15 for workshop
Don’t you love a mystery? Interested in high contrast? How about using up those small scraps? Well here is a way for you to have it all. Both new and experienced quilters will enjoy this mystery. We will be cutting, designing and sewing — with every step a surprise. You’ll go home with a finished top, whether you stay part of the day for a wall hanging or the whole day for twin or even bigger. A suggested materials list will be posted in the future with fabric requirements for different sizes.